Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Eating habits

I'm incredibly frustrated with mealtimes right now.  It's a battle every single time.  Both of my kids have taken to chewing their food (or just storing it in their cheeks) and then they just spit it out.  Mostly it's with any kind of fruit/veggie.  Which is primarily what their diet consists of.  Therefore neither child is actually eating much at all.  Then they're in terrible moods, complaining that they are hungry.  It's making me crazy.

After they spit out their food, they get told no and their food is taken away for a "time out".  They get it back after a minute or two, but they no longer are eligible for dessert or snacks afterward.  (I know Anthony has no clue, but we can't really make exceptions for him in front of her while trying to teach Anna to obey).  I hope it's just a phase, but I'm pretty much dreading mealtimes and snacktimes right now.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Isaiah's feeding therapist recommended a book about it.

"How to get your child to eat, but not too much"

http://www.amazon.com/How-Get-Your-Kid-Eat/dp/0915950839

I have not read it because most of Isaiah's eating issues are special needs related (sensory), but she says it gives parents good perspective so they don't stress out about meal times!