We had our first school Christmas program as parents this past week. Agnes was in her preschool program and man was she cute! She's a total ham on stage, not a single bit of stage fright in that child! We're not surprised! During the first verse, her voice is the one you can hear the loudest!
Not only did Agnes have a blast and look super cute, but her siblings very much enjoyed the show. Anna was so excited to sing along, since Agnes had been practicing, Anna knew all the words. Anna sat so nicely and listened to all of the kids and she can't wait for her turn next year!
Anthony loves anything or place where there are lots of people. We joke that he's our little politician. He walks around saying hi to everyone. And kissing babies. He's especially fond of babies (one in particular, who happened to be sitting behind us that night). Before everything got started, he walked up and down the aisle waving and saying "hi, how are you?" More than once, people said, "well, he's got my vote, I don't know what he's running for, but I'd vote for him!" He also enjoyed the concert, but was upset that we wouldn't let him go on stage to dance... So he improvised.
Mya was her usual, not so easy to handle self. The silly little girl just gets into everything and cannot sit still at all. She's a challenge in church or anywhere else where we have to be quiet and sit for any length of time (2 minutes would be too long...). Hopefully that phase passes quickly... She did enjoy seeing Agnes on stage and she most definitely enjoyed the cookie afterwards.
I've loved having Agnes in preschool. I went to this same school as a kid and I couldn't wait to be a part of the school again. It's been nice to get to know some of the parents and I've enjoyed getting out of the house those days with the kids. It's also a nice break, having only 3 to run errands with those two hours and I get to do "school" with Anna on Thursday mornings then. I'm always very ready to go pick her up by the time it's over though. I miss her when she's not here and frankly, my house is too QUIET without her around. The sweet girl talks pretty much nonstop... She keeps things lively and a few hours a week is the perfect break for me to just have the three others. She LOVES preschool and is thriving big time. Her progress report last week was wonderful, she's apparently very liked by the other kids and she talks about quite a few of the kids all the time. It's so nice to see her adjusting so well and thoroughly enjoying her family and school.
1 comment:
So fun to go to preschool programs!
From personal experience, I would recommend getting M checked by first steps for a possible sensory processing disorder. She has lots of the same markers as Isaiah. His early intervention has been amazing! It is a pretty common thing for adopted children, especially those who have had traumatic birth or early childhood experience. The earlier she is evaluated, the less stressful it will be for you to parent her...cause you will have a better understanding of what will work for her (SPD vs "normal").
Post a Comment