A few people have asked me recently to do a few sewing projects. As I am trying to patiently wait for the birth of our son, I gladly agreed to make them. It's nice to have something to do!
So first a friend of mine asked me to make a ring bearer pillow and flower girl bag for her for her wedding which is coming up in March!! So I said I'd try and if they didn't turn out okay, she could buy them. I got all of the materials to make it all for under $9.00 which was part of her goal, to make them inexpensive. Here's what I came up with!
Another friend asked if I might be able to make a little baby carrier Mei Tei style for her kids to carry their dolls around in. Again, I said I'd try. She knew where she could buy one, but they're a little pricey for something a kid's going to use and play with. So I found some scrap fabric which was also really cute and girly and I tried my hand at it. Here's the result, I think it turned out cute and I can't wait to have them try it out and see how it works. Once I see how it works, I'll make a second one (and tweak anything that needs adjusted) for them as well! Not to bad for $0.00 worth of material, it was all stuff that I had previously used on other things! I'm not all the way sure where the paisley came from... I don't remember what I used it for... It's cute though!
The sewing machine and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the things I can make with it, and I love figuring out inexpensive ways to make normally expensive things. However, I hate when I have to fight with it to get it to do what I want. We're not always on speaking terms and we don't always get along very well! However, in the end, I always win! I have a lot to learn still, but I'm getting better and getting the hang of it!


No comments:
Post a Comment