Friday, March 14, 2014

Paperwork

We've adopted 4 times in the last 3 years.  And yet I'm still amazed at the sheer volume of paperwork that's required.

I've lost track of how many time I've written my name, address, SSN, job, birthday, etc... 

And it's all worth it. 

But seriously, do you really need my name and address on every sheet of paper?

I'm ready to have these adoptions finalized.  I'm ready to not have to call the case worker to find out when they need check-ups, dental, etc..  I don't like calling the case worker to have to figure out the exact spelling, punctuation and all, of my girls' birth name for the most current piece of paperwork that needs filled out.  We can't travel without approval and paperwork. 

Currently we're working with the girls' foster care worker, our licensing worker, our adoption worker, and our lawyer.  And they all need paperwork. 

It's daunting and like I said, worth it.  I'm grateful to have my 4 beautiful children and I cannot wait until August (hopefully) to get that paperwork that says they're mine. 

No comments: