Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nurses

It's amazing how your entire day can be made wonderful with great nurses.

We're in the hospital, our son is sick and in pain, our daughter is home missing her mommy and daddy and yet I can smile and laugh because we have wonderful people taking care of our family.

I am so thankful for the nurses here at this hospital because they have made our time here very smooth.  They have made us feel welcome and important.  They have listened to our concerns, brought us anything we needed, asked us about our family, shared good advice for my sister who is studying nursing, and always had a smile on their faces.  And our current nurse has been wonderful about clustering Anthony's meds, creams and vitals so that she doesn't have to bother us all night long.

So for any nurses who read this, your work does not go unappreciated.


And here's a little Anthony update:

Anthony is improving continuously.  He's been able to handle his oral meds perfectly.  He's had a ton to drink today and lots of wet diapers.  All of that means no more IV.  We're hoping for great news in the morning and it was mentioned that we could possibly be going home tomorrow.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's really hard!  We want to spend Father's Day as a family!

So now I'm off to hopefully get a good night's sleep.... Yeah right, I'm sleeping on a hospital couch with a thunderstorm warning and a 2 month old...  Sleep?  Haha :-)

1 comment:

Cari said...

Hope your little one feels better soon! And hoping that you get some rest tonight! Prayers for you and your family!
God bless!
-Cari