I haven't blogged a whole lot lately other than Quick Takes and monthly updates. That's mostly because I don't really have a whole lot to talk about.
My life is pretty predictable at the moment. It's something I'm incredibly grateful for. In the last 5 months, we've undergone a whirlwind of happenings. I'm thankful for some down time.
Each day is pretty much the same. Some days are a little different, kids are cranky, teeth are coming in, growth spurts occur. But overall, I have two happy, loveable, super adorable children that I love on and take care of each and every day. We've enjoyed lots of family time lately, lots of walks outside (since the weather finally cooled down). I don't want to miss a minute of it.
Each and every day I am amazed at how blessed we are. I still can't believe that God chose two of the most beautiful and happy children for me to take care of each and every day. During my Adoration hour, I often just sit there and say thank you, over and over and over again.
It makes me grateful for our infertility. I am truly grateful for the time that I spent wanting a child with everything I had. Infertility is a constant reminder to me that my children are very special gifts. It is a constant reminder that I have to savor each and every moment I get with my babies. When I'm frustrated with a lack of naps or grumpy babies or whining toddlers, I only need to remind myself of the challenges it took to get where we are. And my frustration melts into patience and snuggles (most of the time :-)).
I just don't know how to put it into words what it means to be a mom to these two babies. They make me smile a thousand times a day. I always want them to go down for a nap and then I find myself wishing they would wake up so that I could see them again! Sometimes I beg them to stay small. I don't want them to grow up so fast. I want a few more snuggles with my little ones.
I often give Anthony one more hug, one more kiss, one more smile. I can't help it. I don't want to forget his smiles and his coos and his giggles. I look at Anna and realize how big she's already gotten! My baby who was just 6lbs, 11 oz when we brought her home, is a 30 lb walking, talking toddler who sleeps in a big girl bed and asks to go to Wonalds (McDonalds).
I look forward to the opportunity to bring more children into our home. I know our home will only become more complete and more joyful. We have done a lot of praying and talking lately. We're hoping to pursue more children through our agency's Foster to Adopt program soon and the I am overcome with excitement at the possibility!
So even if my posts are few and far between lately, I am here, and I am well, and I am incredibly happy.
2 comments:
Great reminder to be more grateful for my blessings. I love being a Mama to these 2 children, but we have more days than not with no naps lately and it is wearing on me. It is actually not because I don't get a break...I let them play alone in their beds for an hour no matter what. It is just that they are OVER tired and super cranky when they don't nap and I get super cranky too!
I need to pray more and complain less. I find myself complaining in my head a hundred times a day. I really need to replace that with thankful prayers!
Thanks for this post! It spoke to me!
And I am so glad that you are loving your life!!
Karen, this was a beautiful post. I find that the more I focus on feeling gratitude, the easier it is to melt into tears and say "thank you, thank you" for everything I have. I spend less time wanting more and more time enjoying what is already so abundant in my life. I can definitely relate to those moments when we are overwhelmed by blessings. God is good!
Post a Comment